It’s that time of the year again – Black Friday – and if you’re in the market for a streaming device, or you’re looking for more stuff to watch – there are some excellent deals this year.
Everything from Amazon Firesticks, Roku’s streaming devices, streaming services and even a Freeview recorder that rarely gets a discount.
As always, some of the discounts are impressive – such as the entry-level Roku Express streamer at less than £14, or 50% off an annual Paramount+ subscription – while some discounts are just a minor bonus off the regular price. Most of these discounts are only available for a few days, so be mindful of that.
However, please remember that you should only buy stuff you were planning to buy anyway – a discount is not a reason to buy something you don’t need or can’t afford.
Streaming Devices – Black Friday Discounts
All Fire TV Devices Now On Sale
Amazon is offering impressive discounts on all of its excellent Amazon Fire TV streaming devices (except for some of the television sets that have Fire TV built-in). Even the brand-new Fire TV Cube 3rd Generation, which only launched a few weeks ago, is discounted.
I’m working on my review of it these days, and it’s still the best streaming device out there in my book – but it’s pretty expensive, even with the discount.
But Amazon’s Fire TV Sticks are also extremely capable streaming devices. To see the differences between all Fire TV sticks, go look at our Fire TV Sticks Specs Comparison.
Check current prices via these direct links to the discounted devices:
- Fire TV Stick Lite (The basic, HD Firestick)
- Fire TV Stick (HD Model with improved remote – see our review)
- Fire TV 4K Stick (The original Ultra HD model – see our review)
- Fire TV 4K Stick Max (The new, more powerful UHD model – see our review)
- Fire TV Cube 3rd Gen (4K Streaming combined with an Echo device)
Roku Black Friday Deals
Roku is the leading manufacturer of streaming devices in the US – and for good reason, with excellent devices and a very simple and easy to use interface.
For Black Friday, Roku is offering discounts on most of their devices that are currently sold in the UK – including the Roku Stick 4K, which is still our top pick for the Best Streaming Devices in the UK.
Check the current discounts via these direct links:
- Roku Streaming Stick 4k (see our review) – Their premium 4K streaming stick.
- Roku Express 4K (see our review) – The entry-level 4K streaming device that replaced the Roku Premiere.
- Roku Express (see our review) – The cheap, entry-level streaming device.
- Roku Streambar (see our review) – An excellent soundbar combined with a streaming device.
Google Chromecast Black Friday Deals
Google has two main versions of the newer Google Chromecast with Google TV, which has a remote and an on-screen operating system with apps (unlike the older Chromecast that could only be controlled from your phone).
Both versions are very similar – but the HD version only supports 1080p content, and the 4K version – which is also a bit more powerful – supports 4K / HDR content.
Both versions are currently discounted for Black Friday.
Manhattan T3-R Freeview Recorder Discount
Although every TV sold in the UK comes with a Freeview tuner, if you’re looking to upgrade your Freeview experience – a recorder may be the solution.
The Manhattan T3-R has long been our top choice for Best Freeview Recorders, with a very snappy interface, Freeview Play streaming apps, smart recording features and more (see our full T3-R review here).
For Black Friday, you can get the T3-R for £10 off the regular price of the 500GB box. While that’s not a huge discount, it rarely gets discounted at all – so if you were on the fence, this might be a good time to jump on the Freeview bandwagon.
If you prefer Freesat (due to bad aerial reception, for example) – they have also slashed prices for Black Friday.
Sky TV And BT TV Black Friday Deals
Both Sky and BT are offering Black Friday deals on their streaming-based TV boxes and plans, while Virgin Media is mostly focusing on broadband and their “traditional” TV offer this year.
Sky slashed prices on their streaming TV, Sky Glass, with up to £150 off – depending on the size of the TV.
They also lowered the price of their Sky Ultimate plan on Sky Stream, the new standalone streaming box – but only by £1/month. Better than nothing, I guess?
BT is offering their TV plans, or TV + Broadband, with a 6-months-half-price discount.
So, for example, BT’s Entertainment Bundle offers the “Basic” Netflix subscription, Sky’s NOW Entertainment (which includes Sky Atlantic) membership, and the 4K Pro box – for £9/month with no upfront costs. After the 6 months are done, the price goes up to the regular £18/month.
The BT TV VIP package comes with the Netflix “Standard” plan (so 1080p and up to 2 devices), Sky’s NOW Entertainment membership, NOW Sky Cinema, NOW Sky Sports, BT Sport and the 4K Freeview box – for £37.50/month for 6 months, and then £75/month.
These flexible TV bundles are available for both new and existing users of BT Broadband (which is required – you can’t get their TV offers with other broadband providers).
If you’re a new BT Broadband customer, the Broadband + TV deals offer even deeper cuts – though, again, only for the first 6 months – and some bundles even add a Mastercard Virtual Reward Card of up to £110 on top.
- BT TV Black Friday Offers For New Customers
- BT TV Black Friday Offers For Existing Customers
- BT Broadband Black Friday Offers
Streaming Services – Black Friday Discounts
Sky’s NOW Black Friday Offers
NOW (Formerly NOW TV- they changed their name) is Sky’s no-contract streaming service – a cheaper TV platform that gives you flexible packages – “memberships” of content that can be watched on a variety of streaming devices.
Their plans include the Entertainment Membership for TV shows and Kids content, the Cinema Membership for movies, and the Sky Sports Membership. (See our full NOW review here).
For Black Friday this year, NOW is offering 2 Months For The Price Of 1 on all their plans.
So, The Entertainment and Cinema memberships normally cost £9.99/month (each), but you can get either of them for two months, for just £9.99.
Or, you can get both together – for £19.99 in total – for two months.
NOW Sky Sports normally costs £33.99 for one month – but you can get two months for that price.
Do note that once the two months are up – the subscription will continue at the regular monthly price, unless you cancel.
Prime Video Channels (Shudder, Lionsgate+, MGM and more)
Prime Video Channels are an add-on to your Amazon Prime Video subscription. Since they’re an add-on to Prime, you must have an active Amazon Prime subscription first (or Prime Video), and then you can add the channels on top of that – But you can also get a free 30-days trial of Amazon Prime.
For Black Friday, you can get several premium Prime Video Channels at a discounted price of 99p/month, for up to three months, or even six months – depending on the channel.
Remember that once the discounted months are up – the subscription will auto-renew at the normal rate, unless you cancel it.
Note that some of these channel deals are only available until November 25, while others are available until November 28.
- Shudder (Read our Shudder review): A curated selection of classic and new horror films and TV shows, such as Hellraiser, American Psycho and Creepshow. >>> 99p/month for 6 months, then £4.99/month.
- Lionsgate+ (Formerly StarzPlay): With TV programmes and films from the premium American cable channel Starz, such as Outlander, Powerbook II: Ghost, Pennyworth, Doom Patrol and more. 99p/month for up to three months, then £4.99/month. >>> Get Lionsgate+ Deal.
- MGM – Hollywood hits and vintage TV shows, from the vaults of MGM. Watch films like Silence Of The Lambs, Terminator and 21 Jump Street and shows like Stargate SG1. 99p/month for up to 3 months, then £4.49/month. >>> Get MGM Deal.
- BFI Player – Critically acclaimed and classic movies, hand-picked by the British Film Institute. 99p/month up to 3 months, then £4.99/month. >>> Get BFI Player Deal.
- Acorn.TV A channel that specialises in content from Great Britain, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, with new originals and old classics, such as Queens of Mystery, Liverpool 1, Foyle’s War and more. 99p/month for up to 3 months, then £4.99/month. >>> Get Acorn.TV Deal.
- HistoryHit: “The world’s best history channel on demand”, with documentaries about historical figures and events. 99p/month for up to 3 months, then £6.99/month. >>> Get HistoryHit Deal.
- Marquee TV: Arts on the demand, with some of the world’s best performances – Ballet, Opera and more. 99p/month for up to 3 months, then £8.99/month. >>> Get Marquee TV Deal.
- Curzon: Critically-acclaimed films and award-winning masterpieces from all over the world. 99p/month for up to 3 months, then £6.99/month. >>> Get Curzon Deal.
Paramount+ Black Friday Deal
Paramount+, the American streaming service that offers films and TV shows from CBS, Paramount, Showtime and more – is having a big Black Friday sale in the UK this week.
For a limited time (we’re not sure how long), you can get an annual subscription to Paramount+ UK for 50% off.
Normally, Paramount+ costs £6.99/month or £69.90/year in the UK.
For Black Friday, you can currently get 50% off the annual subscription, taking the price down to £34.95 for your first year.
Audible – 60% off Four Months
Streaming TV is not the only entertainment out there – you can also stream audiobooks, thanks to Audible, which has one of the largest audiobook collections in the world.
Their monthly subscription gives you book credits each month. The normal subscription costs £7.99/month, and you get one credit a month (each credit is worth one audiobook, in most cases).
With the subscription, you now also get unlimited listening to Audible Plus – which is a library of thousands of audiobooks, podcasts and Audible originals.
For Black Friday this year, you can get a 60% discount for up to 4 months – so £2.99/month for 4 months.
After the four months are up, the subscription will renew at the regular rate – unless you cancel.
Plex Pass – 25% Off
Plex is a popular media management and streaming platform (see our full Plex review), that lets you organise your locally stored media files, as well as stream them to a multitude of other devices.
In recent years, Plex joined the content game, when it launched a free on-demand streaming service that features TV programmes, movies and documentaries.
The basic Plex software is free, but they also offer the paid “Plex Pass” subscription, which offers things like: downloading content to your mobile phone, Plexamp – a custom music app, the ability to watch and record live TV (via your computer), a skip intro function, and more.
You can pay monthly for Plex Pass, and there’s also a Lifetime option, which normally costs $119.99. For Black Friday, you can get it for just $89.99 (that’s around £75), using the code FANFRIDAY22.