A new sports channel is being added to the Sky Sports package, available to both Sky and NOW TV subscribers, starting September 3: Sky Sports NFL.
As the name suggests, the new channel will be dedicated to American Football, with a minimum of five live matches every week, as well as NFL documentaries and talk-shows.
The Sky Sports pass is available on-demand to NOW TV subscribers (see our NOW TV guide here), with either daily or monthly passes. It currently includes 10 live sports channels, dedicated to everything from the Premier League to Cricket, F1 racing and even Golf.
The new Sky Sports NFL channel is launching thanks to a five-year deal between Sky and the NFL. It will start airing on September 3, ahead of the 2020 American Football season, which kicks off on September 10.
As part of the channel’s programming, subscribers will be able to watch the Super Bowl LV live from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on February 7.
Additional content which you can expect to find on the new channel throughout the year, includes:
- First-pick exclusive game on Sky Sports NFL in the 6pm and 9pm slot every Sunday.
- Every Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night Football
- NFL RedZone
- Flagship programming from NFL Network, including the popular Good Morning Football and Total Access shows
- Award-winning documentaries and other content from NFL Films and NBC Sports
- Brand new weekly shows to review the action and discuss the stories of the league, including original Sky Sports programming
Do note that all these programmes will only be available “live” on the linear Sky Sports NFL channel, and not on-demand.
Stephen van Rooyen, Chief Executive Officer, Sky UK & Europe said: “We are proud of our quarter-century partnership with the NFL and are hugely excited about launching a dedicated channel which will be a first for the NFL with an international broadcaster.”
Sky Sports NFL will be part of the Sky Sports Pass on NOW TV, at no extra cost to subscribers.
The monthly Sky Sports pass normally costs £33.99/month, but NOW TV are currently running a deal (only until August 16) where new customers can get two months of Sky Sports for £25/month.