BritBox, the joint streaming service from ITV and the BBC, makes it very easy to subscribe – and you even get a free trial for 30 days.
Once those 30 days are up, however, you will need to pay £5.99/month, and a lot of people are already asking me – how do I cancel my BritBox UK subscription?
While it might be a bit hidden, cancelling your BritBox account is pretty easy. Please note that the instructions here are related to the UK version of BritBox – the American version’s interface is a bit different.
Want to learn more about BritBox UK before you cancel? Read our full BritBox review.
- Make sure you cancel 24 hours before your bill is due – or you might get charged.
- Once you cancel, your account will remain active until the last day of the current billing cycle (or until the free trial ends).
- There’s also an option to “Delete my account” (instead of cancelling the subscription). Careful! If you delete the account, your subscription (or free trial) will end immediately.
Cancelling BritBox UK – On A Desktop Computer:
1. On your computer’s browser, hover over the “person” icon on the top right, and click “Account”.
2. On the Account page, there’s a “Subscription & Billing” section, with a “Manage” button. Click “Manage”.
3. On the Subscription & Billing page, click on “Cancel Subscription”.
4. Confirm your cancellation by clicking the “Yes, cancel” button.
That’s on a desktop. If you want to cancel from your BritBox smartphone app, things look a bit different.
Cancelling BritBox UK – On The Android App:
1. Tap the menu icon, and choose “Account.”
2. On the “Account Details” screen, under “Subscription & Billing”, tap the link under “To manage your subscription, go to”
3. The link opens the mobile version of the BritBox site. Under
4. Confirm your cancellation by tapping on “Yes, cancel”.
Cancelling BritBox UK – On iTunes:
If you subscribed to BritBox on your iPhone/iPad, via iTunes, the cancellation process is a bit different and is not done from the BritBox app:
1. Go to your device’s settings screen.
2. Tap “iTunes & App Store”.
3. Select your Apple ID.
4. Select “View Apple ID”, and type your email and password (if needed).
5. Select “Subscriptions.”
6. Under “Active”, select “BritBox.”
7. Select “Unsubscribe.”
That’s it! you will not be billed by BritBox again, until you re-subscribe.