Six premium TV channels which are part of Amazon Prime’s “Channels” add-on, such as StarzPlay, Discovery and others, are now 50% off for three months in preparation for Amazon’s “Prime Day”. You’ll need to hurry up though, as the deal is only available until July 16.
Amazon Channels is an add-on service for Prime subscribers, launched in the UK a couple of years ago, where you can pick and choose additional premium channels to subscribe to for a monthly fee. It’s important to note that you need an Amazon Prime subscription first (or Prime Video), and then you can add the channels on top of that. (You can get a free 30-days trial of Amazon Prime, though).
Once you subscribe, you can watch the channels on your desktop, your smartphone, or on your telly, via an Amazon Prime Video app (available on most Smart TVs, and several streaming devices, such as the Amazon Fire TV stick).
Amazon will hold their annual “Prime Day” in July, a day of special sales that’s meant to rival Black Friday. This year, Amazon are prolonging the “celebrations”, and Amazon Prime Day will in fact be two days – July 15 and July 16.
The TV channels on offer, however, are already available now as an early deal. You’ll get 50% off their regular monthly price, for three months – after which the price will revert back to normal, so make a note to cancel if you don’t want to pay full price.
The discounted channels are:
- StarzPlay – With TV programmes and films from premium American cable channel Starz, such as Counterpart, The White Queen and Castlerock. £2.49/month for 3 months, then £4.99/month.
- Discovery Channel – Mostly nature and science shows, such as Gold Rush, Marooned and Deadliest Catch. £2.49/month for 3 months, then £4.99/month.
- History Play – Documentaries, reality shows and scripted historical shows, such as The Curse of Oak Island, Storage Wars and Britain’s Bloodiest Dynasty. £1.99/month for 3 months, then £3.99/month.
- MGM – Hollywood hits as well as vintage TV shows, all from the vaults of MGM. Watch films like The Hobbit, Terminator and 21 Jump Street. £1.99/month for 3 months, then £4.49/month.
- Shudder – A curated selection of classic horror films and thrillers, such as Hellraiser, American Psycho and V/H/S. £2.49/month for 3 months, then £4.99/month.
- Sundance Now – Award-winning and indie drama films, comedies and TV shows, such as Sliding Doors, The Pianist, and Wallander. £2.99/month for 3 months, then £5.99/month.
To get these channels you need to: