Or Goren | Apr 6, 2019 | 0
Black Friday And Cyber Monday 2017 Deals For UK Cord Cutters And TV Lovers
Black Friday Deals Are Here!
Black Friday, the deals and offers shopping day we’ve imported from the United States, is finally here – and most deals usually last until Cyber Monday (November 27).
High street and online retailers are offering brilliant deals for cord cutters and TV lovers – from streamers to tablets, Freeview boxes and YouView boxes, gaming consoles and television sets – you’re bound to find a good offer on something.
There are also great Black Friday offers on streaming services such as NOW TV, and online video purchases on Amazon and Google.
We’ve scoured the web for the best deals and offers relevant to UK TV cord cutters, and we’ll keep updating throughout the day, so check back!
Tip: You can get free shipping on most offers with an Amazon Prime subscription. And… there’s a 30-days FREE trial of Prime, so there’s nothing to lose. (Just don’t forget to cancel before the 30 days are up, if you don’t want to pay for the whole year). Click Here to get the Free Amazon Prime Trial.
TV Set Black Friday Deals
- Amazon Black Friday Sale: Up To 31% Off on TVs from LG, Sony, Toshiba and more
- Argos Black Friday Event: Great deals on a variety of TV sets
- Currys Black Friday Sale: Get additional cashback on some TV models
- Tesco Direct Black Friday TV Sets Sale
LG 49UJ630V 49 inch 4K – Excellent telly with apps for most of the streaming services – Netflix, Amazon Video, and NOW TV –
- There’s also a similar model, LG 49UJ635V, available from Argos
Samsung UE55MU6470 – 55″ LED Smart TV (Daily Deal!) – Large screen telly with 4K and HDR, with Smart TV streaming apps, at an excellent Black Friday price.
SAMSUNG UE43MU6100 43″ Smart 4K (Daily Deal!) – Smaller size, but excellent picture quality and Smart TV apps:
- Also Available from Currys – Check their Black Friday price!
Streamers And Set-Top Boxes
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote – One of the best portable streamers out there, with most of the major streaming services (excluding NOW TV and Apple’s iTunes).
NVIDIA SHIELD TV 16 GB – Excellent streaming device, and a gaming console (with a controller) for one terrific price.
Google Chromecast – Google’s ultra-portable streamer, can accept anything you throw at it from your phone and into your TV. No physical remote, though.
Video Game Consoles Black Friday Deals
Video game consoles are not only great for gaming – they’re also excellent streamers, with most of the major streaming services available as apps.
Xbox One X (1TB) + Forza Motorsports: Latest model of Microsoft’s gaming console, with more power and 4K Gaming
- Also Available from Currys with Forza Motorsports AND Assassin’s Creed Origins
- Also Available from Argos (without the game)
Playstation 4 Pro + FIFA ’18: Sony’s latest gaming console, with a powerful processor and 4K Gaming
Powerline Adapters And WiFi Extenders
NETGEAR Powerline Adaper – Connect your TV directly to the broadband router – from every room
devolo Wi-Fi Repeater – Use your powerline to extend your WiFi around the house.
BT Whole Home Wi-Fi, Pack of 2 Discs – Get rid of WiFi dead spots in your house
More Black Friday Deals
- Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa, 7″ Display, 8 GB – Great cheap tablet (no HD screen though)
- Fire HD Tablet for Kids – With thousands of hours of TV content for kids
- Streaming Movies and Box-Set for purchase: Special Black Friday discounts on Amazon
- Streaming Movies and Box-Set for purchase
- DVD and Blu-Ray Movies and Box-Sets: Special offers and Bundles on Amazon
NOW TV Black Friday 2017 Deals
NOW TV are already the cheapest and most convenient way to watch Sky TV, with no yearly contracts. While there are still a couple of things we wish they would change – they’re still a wonderful service – read my full review right here.
Their Black Friday deals are fantastic, with some slashing the monthly price by almost 50% – and there’s even a deal for EXISTING customers.
Keep in mind, though, you still need a way to watch NOW TV on your telly – so you need to either buy their own NOW TV Box, or have a compatible device, such as a gaming console, a Chromecast, or some TV models.
For Black Friday 2017, NOW TV are offering the following discounts for NEW customers:
(Remember: All offers renew AUTOMATICALLY at their FULL price after the offer period – so don’t forget to cancel if you’re no longer interested)
Entertainment Pass Offers
The “TV Pass” is made up of a changing back-catalogue of over 200 TV Box-Sets, Catch-Up TV with shows from the past 7-30 days like Grey's Anatomy, The Walking Dead and The Handmaid's Tale, as well as Live channels. Regular Cost: £7.99/m
Sky Cinema Pass Offers
Over 1,200 movies, from new blockbusters to old favourites (as well as some... weird ones.) Regular Cost: £9.99/m
Kids Pass Offers
Box-sets of popular Kids shows, as well as six live channels. Regular Cost: £3.99/m
Sky Sports Pass Offers
10 LIVE Sports channels (no catch-up, unfortunately), from Premier League to Football and even golf. Regular Cost: £33.99/m
Deals For Existing NOW TV Customers
With subscription services, loyal, existing customers are usually left out of the Black Friday party. But NOW TV are offering existing customers:
- 12 Months of Sky Cinema + Entertainment Pass for £99 (£8.25/m) - That's a saving of over 50% over the regular price.
To see the FULL LIST of NOW TV's Black Friday 2018 offers, Click Here.
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Using those links to buy products or services may earn us a referral fee, at no extra cost to you.
Tips For Smarter Buying On Black Friday 2017
1. Plan Ahead – Try to decide what you need to buy BEFORE the Black Friday deals actually start. Those offers and discounts can be tempting, and you might end up buying more than you need (or can afford.) Make a list of the things you’re planning to buy this year – and on Black Friday, check whether they’re on sale.
2. Compare – Most UK stores are all-in, and will offer very competitive prices on Black Friday, competing with one another. So always compare prices on different stores – it’s easy to do online. And with TV and cord cutting deals, it’ll be even easier – because WE’RE here to help.
3. Don’t Trust Every Deal: Just because an ad says “Discount!”, that price is not necessarily the best you can get – even with that same store. Some stores jack up their prices ahead of Black Friday and Christmas, only to lower them as part of a “Time Limited Offer.”
4. Black Friday Is Not The End: While you’re bound to find good prices on Black Friday, remember we’re entering a long season of shopping – there’s Christmas, and Boxing Day, and the New Year sales… you don’t have to buy everything at once. And again – ONLY buy what you can afford now!
Prices last updated on 2019-04-23 at 18:49